- Remove Win32 dependencies, making the system cross platform. I'd like to
get at least the playback demo running on Linux.
- Add real-time feedback inside 3DSMax. This would involve getting the
deformation code up and running, possibly through a skinlike UI. This could
dramatically improve the usability of the system. For example, you could do
all the animation of key frames in max, or if a higher level of quality is
desired a set of initial Morph target could be generated by expression and
the artist could then refine the ones that needed work.
- Revamp the key frame parser which is currently very basic. Possible
additional functionality: real lexer, specifying multiple layers of
animation, scripted procedural noise, function curve editor would also be
- Currently the system can't be compiled into release mode, the optimizer
does something to my animation inner loops.
- Could use some more sample content
- Port the creation tools to other 3d apps. They are pretty simple I'd be
happy to assist in any porting efforts.
- Get the Text To Speech engine working with the animation system so that
the character can talk and express emotions simultaneously.
- If anyone has access to a phonetic analyzer.